H2X Global partners with Norwegian Hydrogen in the decarbonization of commercial transport fleets through the offering of a total ecosystem for the supply of hydrogen, refueling stations & commercial vehicles.
Norway, February 23rd, 2023
Australian Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicle Manufacturer H2X Global Limited announced today the signing of a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Norwegian Hydrogen AS, a green hydrogen production-, distribution- and refueling company, to collaborate on the commercial supply of hydrogen and the range of Hydrogen Fuel Cell commercial vehicles.
The new venture will focus on the Nordic region, and the companies will develop a joint commercial and operational framework for commercial fleet operators located nearby Norwegian Hydrogen’s sites, for the transition to hydrogen as the zero-emissions solution in the future.
Will cover all components
The partnership intention is to offer all components for climate-friendly commercial transport through a single channel, such as the production and purchase of green hydrogen, distribution, and hydrogen refueling stations, and to provide customers with the supply and aftersales of vehicles, overcoming the challenge commercial operators have faced in obtaining a full- service option for emission-free transport in the past.
Using Norwegian Hydrogen’s pilot plant at Hellesylt as an example, the 1,4 ton a day hydrogen production, if used to abate emissions in the transportation sector, would remove more than 9000 t of CO2 every year. This would provide more than 9 million km of emission-free heavy road transport per year. And again, this Is only based on one out of many Norwegian Hydrogen sites under development In the Nordic region.
Summit for green transport
Next week, the companies will meet in Kristiansund, Norway for a full-day summit on green heavy-duty transport: https://knn.no/moteplasser/temadag-gronn-transport-onsdag-01-mars-i-kulturfabrikken/
The need to reduce emissions in the transport sector is urgent, and the solutions are already available. This is what H2X and Norwegian Hydrogen will explain to all the potential customers who are invited to learn more about how they can take a leading role in the energy transition.
– Norwegian Hydrogen’s focus Is to enable zero emissions for our customers. It is paramount for our customers to also have access to hydrogen vehicles, and we are excited to collaborate with H2X to present a full package solution, says CTO of Norwegian Hydrogen.
– The transition to net-zero carbon transport through Hydrogen is vital to help eliminate the growing emissions from the transport sector. This sector accounts for 23%* of global energy-related CO2 emissions and is the fastest-growing contributor to climate change. Collaboration between hydrogen producers like Norwegian Hydrogen and a commercial vehicle manufacturer like H2X is crucial in the reduction of zero emissions, and offering fleet owners a good alternative, says Bill Moss, H2X Global’s Head of Sales & Marketing.
Norwegian Hydrogen announced last year that they entered into a partnership with US-based company FirstElement Fuel and Japanese company Mitsui to build a Nordic-wide network of hydrogen refueling stations and this partnership will assist in accelerating the success of this rollout.
– Trucks need refueling stations – and refueling stations need trucks. This makes the partnership between our two companies a perfect match, says the managing director for refueling in Norwegian Hydrogen, Per Øyvind Voie. – We hope to announce the first trucks and refueling stations ordered on the basis of this partnership very soon.
This follows H2XGlobal’s recent announcement through its subsidiary H2X Gothenburg AB’s the award of the public tender for the supply vehicles in the 3.5T, 5.0T, and 18T categories. It is planned that the first vehicles will be operational at the end of 2023 and all vehicles to be fully operational by 2025, supporting the production of vehicles for the Northern European regions in line with Norwegian Hydrogen’s development and operation of hydrogen refueling stations for heavy duty applications in the Nordics.
1. Illustration of H2X vehicle
2. Photos of Bill Moss, Øystein Tørlen and Per Øyvind Voie
Image rights: For use free of charge provided the source is acknowledged and in connection with reporting on the MOU partnership between H2X Global and Norwegian Hydrogen for the development of a total ecosystem.
About H2X Global Limited
H2X is an automotive and power unit company focused on absolute sustainability. The company is focused on harnessing the most efficient and effective technologies, with the onus on capturing free and renewable energy sources. A specialization in hydrogen is the basis of H2X’s growth, however, with a strong platform as a maker of electrically powered vehicles, the company has a versatile approach to finding the right vehicle for the right task. H2X Global has operations in Australia, Malaysia, India, and throughout Europe. www.h2xglobal.com
About Norwegian Hydrogen AS
Norwegian Hydrogen AS will build and operate an effective network of production sites and distribution systems zero emission hydrogen, tailored to meet the future requirements for zero-emission fuels in a wide range of mobility sectors and industrial segments. The company is supported by a group of strong industrial owners, such as Flakk Group, Hexagon Purus, Hofseth International, Tafjord, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. Norwegian Hydrogen’s head office is in Ålesund, Norway, and they also have offices in Oslo, Narvik, Helsinki, Copenhagen and Stockholm.
For more information visit www.nh2.no
For further information contact:
Chief Technology Officer
Phone: +47 41 33 66 14
Email: [email protected]
Head of Sales & Marketing – EMEA
Email: [email protected]